Effective Date: October 4, 2017
Please note that, to the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your express consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
What types of information do we collect?
We collect information including personally identifiable information, directly from you, from third parties and automatically through your use of our Services.
What information will you ask me for?
When you create a profile on our Platform you will be asked to provide basic information about you which we need to enable us to provide you the Services including contact information (e.g. your email address), demographic information (e.g. your city of residence, zip/postal code, age, gender and ethnicity), and personal characteristics (height, weight and body type). We may supplement this with information about your IP address, or your location, when you use the Services.
While creating your profile, you may choose how much personally identifiable information you share with us. You will be asked to create a username and offered the chance to upload a photograph and provide a personal description. You are encouraged to create a pseudonymous profile and are not required to include information in your profile that would allow you to be directly identified. Obviously do be careful if you want to remain anonymous, especially if you upload photographs or choose a username which could allow you to be easily identified.
When you make a purchase off our Platform you will be asked for certain personally identifiable information for billing purposes including your name, address and details of your chosen payment method.
With your permission, we will also collect your location information from your mobile device to help you identify other Platform members in your area. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your mobile device. We also collect your general geographic location from your browser access to help you identify members in your area and to help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests.
How will you use the information you collect?
We use the information we collect, including personally identifiable information, for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services, including to provide you with access to a forum focused on open-minded and discreet relationships, where members can search for and connect with other like-minded individuals;
- to allow users to find other users’ profiles based on preferences or user location;
- to promote your profile to other users of the Services;
- to maintain and improve our Platform including improving the content and functionality of our Platform or customize the layout of our pages for each individual member;
- to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Platform;
- to conduct surveys and market research in order to improve the Services;
- to communicate with you in connection with the Services including, subject to our obligations regarding email communications in your respective jurisdiction, for the purposes of informing you of changes or additions to the Service, or of any our products and services we believe may be of interest to you;
- to detect and combat fraud, and better understand how to protect your information;
- to process your payments and to help resolve payment disputes;
- to deliver targeted advertising and promotional offers to you from external companies that are of the highest relevance to your demographic profile;
- to manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- to save your user account, registration and profile data and other information (so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use the Services); and
- to track your return visits to, and use of, the Services.
If you’re a registered user of establishedmen.com, please note that your profile will also be available on, and visible to users of, arrangementfinders.com.
We also use aggregate, de-identified and/or non-personally identifying information, which does not personally identify. For example, we may collect and analyze aggregated, de-identified, statistical information to help improve operation of the Services and manage user activity across the Platform.
How will you disclose the information you collect?
We may disclose personally identifiable information in the following circumstances for any or more of the purposes described above:
- Other Platform Members/Users – Your username, profile information and any information that you post to the Platform, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, other users of the Platform and Services.
- Financial Information – In some circumstances we may require certain additional information, including but not limited to your credit card billing information. We use this financial information, including your name, address, and other information to bill you for use of our Service and products. By making a purchase, or engaging in any other kind of activity or transaction that uses financial information on the Platform, you consent to our providing of your financial information to our service providers and to such third parties as we determine necessary to support and process your activities and transactions, as well as to your credit card issuer for their purposes. These third parties may include the credit card companies, data processing companies and banking institutions used to process and support your transaction or activity.
- Trusted Third-Parties – We may disclose your information to our service providers to perform certain functions on our behalf in connection with the provision of the Services.
- Legal Request – We may disclose your information to respond to law enforcement requests; or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Platform; or to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
- Affiliate Entities – We may share our data, including your personally identifiable information, with our parent, subsidiary and other affiliated companies, including companies operating in different countries (each an “Affiliate”) that are committed to serving your online needs and related services. Except where otherwise prohibited by applicable law, our Affiliates may use this data to communicate with you about their products and services. Our Affiliates will follow privacy practices no less protective of all users than our practices described in this document, to the extent allowed by applicable law. It is possible that we or one or more of our Affiliates, or any combination of such, could merge with or be acquired by another business entity.
We may disclose aggregate, de-identified and/or non-personally identifying information, which does not personally identify you or other users, in a number of circumstances including to third party advertisers.
Cookies and Other Tracking
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies or opting out of ad networks).
Clear GIFs. Clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, though, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages, not stored on your hard drive. We might use clear GIFs to track the activities of our visitors and app users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage. We and our third party service providers also might use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded. These can be blocked either by using a third party application such as Ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com), or, in the case of emails, by changing your settings to prevent images from being downloaded (where your email client supports this functionality).
Third-Party Ad Networks
How long do you keep the information you collect?
We keep the personally identifiable information we collect for at least as long as your profile stays active or hidden. You may delete your account; however, we may retain a copy of your personally identifiable information in our records for a period of time, including as part of our backup procedures and as otherwise required by law.
Access and Updates
You have the opportunity to (i) opt-out of certain communications, (ii) modify/update personally identifiable information you have provided to us, and (iii) hide certain information visible to public users of the Platform at any time by going to the ‘Manage Profile’ or ‘Account Settings’ sections on your profile.
Please be aware that it may take several hours for any custom changes you make to take effect on the public areas of the system. Please also note that changing or deleting your information through the ‘Manage Profile’ or ‘Account Settings’ section of the system, or opting-out of email notifications from us, will only change or delete the data in our database for the purpose of future activities and communications.
Do you monitor online behavior?
Other Information Collectors
We take the protection of your personally identifiable information seriously. We protect personally identifiable information against loss and theft as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, and modification using security safeguards, including physical, organization and technological measures, commensurate with the sensitivity of your personally identifiable information. Employees who have access to your information are made aware of the importance of keeping it confidential.
Where we use service providers who might have access to your personally identifiable information, we require them to have privacy and security standards that are comparable to ours. We use contracts and other measures with our service providers to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information and to prevent it from being used for any other purpose.
Please be aware that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should also take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
User Generated Content
Contact Us / Complaints
We aim to resolve all complaints promptly.